Friday, July 25, 2003

DEATH OF A DEAR FREIND
=============================

I just got back from nine fantastic days of sailing to get an email informing me of one of my dear friend Sam's passing away. I will not be back in time for the funeral service, which is hard to take. But I will pull the motorcycle over for an hour on Sunday, no matter where I am, and spend some time thining about Sam.

Sam was one of the main people that got me to ride motorcycles. I went on one trip with him and Dan (his best freind and a godo freind of mine), and wanted to go on more. I used to have the time of my life with those two clowns. Sam's road name was Sam "RoadKill" Scribner, Dan's was "RoadBunny" and mine was "RoadStud".

People always say that death of a loved one is a reminder from God to appreciate the life we have. In this case, no words with more truth were ever spoken. Sam appreciatede life, and made it more funny than anyone I ever knew. He inspired me a great deal, of more thigns than I can think of.

He was fighting cancer, which he had already beaten decades ago, and it got the better of him. It was quicker than anyone imagined. Dan said that nobody is more surprised at his death than probably Sam himself. I can just see the look of surprise on his face as he floats on up.

Below is Sam's Obituary, and I cannot think of a better one for him. He would have been a great pirate! YAR!!

SCRIBNER, Sam A. - Long time resident of San Francisco died peacefully of cancer on July 17, 2003 amongst family and friends in Santa Rosa. Sam was a screen-writing teacher, national lecturer, and a entor to many. Sam's passion was writing off beat stories with quirky character development, which culminated in two feature films to his credit, "Delta Heat" and "Criminal Mind". Sam died while in the process of writing a book entitled "I can write a better screen play than that: and how to do it from a barca lounger." Sam was a mischievous sort who would have made a perfect pirate. He lived his life creatively, enthusiastically and with a sense of prankish adventure. Sam will be most remembered for his wit and humor. Services will be held at the Abby Chapel of the Redwoods Mortuary, 6250 State Farm Dr., Rohnert Park, 707-584 7100 Sunday, July 27,2003 at 3PM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home