Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Last 4 Month's Report Card
===========================

Now that we are at September 16th, I am entering my fifth month of freedom, self employment or whatever you want top call it. I refuse to call it unemployment anymore, as that is a way of saying what I am not doing, rather than what I am doing. And that's a bit of a downer.

"All right smart guy", you might say, "Then what have you been doing? You obviously have not been looking for a job." Well, let me tell you what I have been doing. And allow me to point out that I have come to the conclusion that I really do not feel like working "for" someone else but working "with" someone else. Any way, so here is what i have been up to:

. 38 movies (DVD or in Theater)
. 34 (or so) Crazy Drunk and Unemployed Blog Posts
. 23 lunches or breakfasts with friends and family
. 9 days of sailing in beautiful British Columbia in Desolation Sound with my good buddy and four 22 year old women from New Zealand
. 9 days of computer contracting
. 8 days of local motorcycle riding
. 8 days of playing video games
. 5 days unaccounted for (sometimes hung over)
. 4 afternoons of playing with niece and nephew (one at the Marin County Fair and the San Francisco Zoo, Mom was there too)
. 4 days of motorcycle riding and camping to get up to Vancouver, BC
. 4 days chilling out on the beach
. 4 afternoons of playing ice hockey
. 3 days of vacation in Aptos (just south of Santa Cruz)
. 3 baseball games
. 3 days of a weekend trip to Lake Tahoe
. 2 bonfires on the beach
. 2 days of motorcycle riding back to San Francisco from Vancouver, BC
. 2 days of sailing on a local Bay Area Top Sail Schooner (read: a Tall Ship)
. 1 horrifying day of volunteer work on the above ship
. 1 morning of running the Bay To Breakers foot race
. 1 day of sailboat racing on a Santana 35
. 1 business lunch
. 1 day of resume making
. 1 time took part in an intentional mob scene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home